Squarespace Sign Up
Domain Login Details
Now, some homework for you...
- Please send us through your current logo and any materials relating to your current branding. We will use these to create our brand guidelines which will set the style and tone of your website.
- Here is a link to our website questionnaire. We'll automatically be sent a copy once you complete it. Once we receive your completed questionnaire, we'll create a Google Drive for your project and a separate Google Doc for each page of your navigation where you will paste the content.
- Please sign up for a Squarespace.com account (the $18 per month annual business package). If you'd like you can just sign up for a month initially ($26) and only commit to the annual once we complete the site. Please send us the login details, and then please don't login to your account until we send you an email to let you know it's ready for checking.
- Please send us your domain login details. If you have not purchased a domain yet, we recommend using Go Daddy
- We normally set up Google Analytics for each site we do so you can track your site. If you would like us to do this for you could you please set up an account with Google Analytics and send through the Tracking ID.
Website Only Road Map
Hi! So nice to meet you! The first step is to discuss your project and work out which package suits your needs best. Once you have decided on a package, we can get you on-boarded!
RECEIVE + ACCEPT PROPOSAL
We’ll send you a letter of agreement outlining our terms, timeline and what we’ll deliver, along with an invoice for 80% of the total project. Once you have signed and returned the LOA and paid your invoice, we’ll schedule your project!
Now for your homework -- groan! As overwhelming as this step may seem, it is super important. The more info we collect from you now, the better equipped we are to deliver you a website that is exactly what you are looking for.
- We’ll send you a questionnaire, which captures all the info we need to build you an amazing site.
- If you don’t have a Brand Style Guide, we’ll need to create one so that we’re all on the same page about the right look and feel for the site
- You’ll buy your domain (if you don’t have one already!) and send us through the login details. We recommend using Namecheap if you need to purchase your domain
- You’ll set up an account with Squarespace.com and send us through the login details -- but no peeking till we say!!
- If you’d like Google Analytics linked to your site, we’ll get you to set up an account or send us your current tracking code if you already have one.
5. Gathering Content
We need ALL of your content before we can get started on the site. This includes images and copy. We are more than happy to source images for you if you need them.
Once we receive your questionnaire, we'll create a Google Drive folder for you, and within this drive a Google Doc for every page in your navigation plus a folder for your images. This is where you'll paste or write all copy for your site and drop your images. Images need to be in JPEG or PNG format.
4. Brand Guidelines
We’ll put together a pdf document for you, which is a summary document of all the fonts, colours, and image inspirations we’ll use to style your site.
6. Design Phase
We’ll put together a sitemap, using your questionnaire and content as a guideline. We’ll also advise you on which Squarespace template we think is best for your site. Once we have agreed on a template we cannot change it as a change to the template is basically starting the project again from scratch.
CONNECTING SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
We’ll get you to login to Squarespace and get you to connect all of your required social media accounts.
OFFICIAL PROJECT START DATE
This is where we get busy! We’ll work our little butts off getting the structure of the site set up and importing all of your content.
We’ll invite you to take your first peek at the site! We ask that you spend a good amount of time going through the whole site on both desktop and mobile, checking everything. There is one opportunity for major revisions and this is it! We’ll get you to send all your feedback to us in bullet points in one email.
We’ll go in and make all of your requested changes.
Here is your final look at the site before we go live!! Now’s your last chance to make any minor adjustments. We’ll get you to check your site thoroughly on both desktop and mobile, and make sure everything has been included, all links are working and everything is looking amazing!
7. Go Live!
We’ll send through the final 20% for payment. Once this is received it’s time to….
We’ll set your site live for you!! Now it’s time to pop the champagne to celebrate all of your hard work!
We’ll send you a screencast showing you how to maintain and update your site going forward, as well as a handy document full of Squarespace tips and tricks!